The CAD Lead/Drafter shall be an internal resource and coordinator for CAD best practices and standards, and will assist in maintaining the internal block database. The CAD Lead will maintain and revise the Company CAD standards and internal documentation through quarterly revision cycles.
The CAD Lead/Drafter must have a strong interest in technology, and be willing to learn the different connectors, signal types, and workflows in broadcast and AV systems.
• Define and maintain CAD standards for the company include block library.
• Coordinate weekly CAD needs with Project Managers / Engineers / CAD staff
• Provide engineers and project managers schedule projections.
• Bring CAD resource calendars to staff meeting and coordinate requirements for the week including staff assignments)
• Manage CAD & Bluebeam software licenses, updates, and training.
• Manage Autodesk Vault users and life cycle processes.
• Provide feedback to the Engineering Manager on team members to be incorporated during quarterly and yearly reviews.
• Coordination with contractors during pre-construction phase.
• Identify and direct CAD contractors as needed.
• QA/QC of CAD worked performed by all CAD staff.
• Collaborate with engineering in preparing AutoCAD and Revit drawing packages
• Utilizing pre-engineering documentation, generate elevation and plan views, video/audio/data/control signal flows, pin detail drawings, and system notes in AutoCAD and Revit.
• Identify possible design concerns where spatial or technical conflicts occur.
• Revise drawings based on engineering and client feedback.
• Attend design workshops and drawing review sessions with engineers and project managers and document design changes.
• Maintain proper file version control.
• Provide daily status updates and end of day document packages to engineering.
• Perform data extractions from AutoCAD, Revit, and Bluebeam Revu.
• Update drawings to include redline changes to complete as-built drawings.
• Setup and maintain Bluebeam studio sessions.
• Coordinate delivery and receipt of CAD deliverables.
• Support project closeout processes and archival of CAD drawings.
• All other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
• Up to 10% travel, sometimes on a last-minute basis
• Occasional evening and weekend work
• Strong interest in audio and video technologies, equipment, and signal flow
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to organize
• Ability to solve unusual or unexpected technical and installation problems
• Well-developed sense of urgency and ability to function in a fast-pasted environment delivering document packages with speed and accuracy.
• AV or Broadcast design experience
• BIM experience
• High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelors Degree preferred
• CAD/Drafting degree
• 2+ years experience preferred, with emphasis placed on construction, low voltage, manufacturing, or electronics industry CAD work
• AutoCAD and BIM experience with Autodesk AutoCAD 2015 or later and Autodesk Revit 2015 or later preferred
• Experience with Autodesk Vault and CoolOrange Power Jobs
• Experience with Bluebeam Revu and Bluebeam Studio Prime
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
Certificates and Licenses:
• InfoComm CTS certification required within six months of employment