Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Work closely with Project Management and Engineering to identify labor and equipment resources required to complete projects.
• Create project timelines utilizing Gantt charts when necessary.
• Coordination and documentation of technical data per project such as networking serial numbers and power requirements.
• Utilize company software(s) to access inventory, shipping or order information.
• Coordinate crew travel when necessary.
• Track labor on site when necessary.
• Identify change orders while working with PM and Engineering and issue when necessary.
• Work with and manage subcontractors or third-party vendors as necessary on site.
• Produce close out documentation and manuals as necessary.
• Perform on-site training with clients as necessary.
• Manage on-site cleanliness and quality control.
• Train on site staff/crew for high level effectiveness, planning and efficiency.
• Maintain on-site safety standards for all crew or third-party vendors.
• Identify on-site challenges and propose solutions and execute as necessary.
• Identify integration and implementation inefficiencies and propose solutions as necessary.
• Provide project summaries as necessary.
• Provide employee feedback and evaluations to Field Manager as requested.
• Efficiently pull, terminate, label, and test cabling between audio, video, data, and control equipment per code and project requirements
• Wiring equipment racks
• Understand and be able to connect to I.P. devices
• Up to 80% travel, sometimes on a last-minute basis.
• Occasional night and evening work.
• Must be able to climb ladders up to 24’ tall and lift up to 60 lbs.
• Must be able to operate AWP’s (Aerial Work Platforms) and lifts.
• Must be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces.
• Must maintain CTS, PLT or other certifications necessary to the position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform and train on each essential duty at a high level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to manage the installation crew(s). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Team leadership
• Expert written, verbal and listening communication skills
• Overall knowledge and understanding of A/V connectors, cabling, terminations, implementation process & standards
• Ability to read and understand CAD or other schematics
• Project planning software experience (MS Project or similar)
• Documentation skills including MS Office experience (Excel, Outlook, Project, Word, Other)
• Quality Control
• Show a willingness to learn and adapt while presenting ideas or solutions
• Maintain positive attitude
• Maintain professionalism
• Knowledge of programming systems, interfaces and equipment configuration.
• Organizational, logistical and analytical skills
• Structural support system knowledge
• Show a solid understanding of Alpha values, practices, standards and procedures
• Two-year technical degree in low voltage audio/video electronics and networking required.
• Audio visual and automated control systems installation and theory demonstrated through education and 5-10 years related work experience.
• Bachelor degree
Alpha is an Equal Opportunity Employer