This individual must possess the ability to understand customer requirements and have a solid technical understanding of enterprise content management solutions, video, audio and data/networking. The Sales Engineer-DS/IPTV/AV role will work closely with the Sales staff to provide both general and specific recommendations on software, hardware, network technologies and installation guidance. The Sales Engineer-Digital Signage Focus role provides the solution design connection conduit between Sales, Project Managers and product development resources. This resource may also be assigned AV projects to engineer.
This role is responsible for identifying and defining integrations with third party products, applications, solutions or platforms and must be able to work with product owners, internal custom applications developers, or 3rd party partners’ technical staff.
• Determine customer requirements for solution functionality through communication with Sales and the customer.
• Present compelling product demos both live and via web conferencing.
• Research current customer system components and requirements to create quote and transition plans for current CastNET customers to NextGen platform.
• Recommend specific solutions to prospective customers, working with Sales.
• Design complete Digital Signage solutions, describing them in both written and drawing format.
• Supply input to bill of materials and scopes to define customer expectations.
• Research new products to remain current on technology solutions that comprise the Digital Signage solution that Alpha is bringing to market.
• Influence Sales strategy with knowledge of solution components.
• Interface with Operations team to supply clarity regarding what is to be delivered to customers post sale.
• Provide customer and prospect product feedback to internal product ownership
Other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of 5+ years customer facing experience in pre-sales engineering, technical design or services integration.
• Bachelor’s degree of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree or equivalent experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to describe project and product deliverables in a manner that is understandable to both developers and customers.
• Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting alongside Sales professionals.
• Exceptional time management skills.
• Team leader and team player but able to work independently and remotely.
• Proactive and self-motivated approach toward project delivery, product enhancement and process improvement.
• Good logical and analytical skills with the ability to absorb multiple requirements provide analysis and then provide practical solutions that meet the customers’ needs.
• Competent user of the Microsoft suite of Office applications including using Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Word to generate project deliverables.
• Competent reader of Microsoft Project.
• Knowledge of the digital signage space.
• Knowledge of IP content delivery technologies and systems, including content delivery (encoding, transcoding, metadata transformation).
• Familiarity in any of the following areas: IP Multi-cast, IPTV, AV, Network Administration, System Administration, Database Administration, Website, Application or Player Development
• Involvement in large-scale projects
• Ability to scope and engineer AV projects as assigned by Engineering Manager
• CTS Certification