Company Overview and Values
Why work at Alpha Video?
Since 1970, Alpha Video has expanded to become one of the leading broadcast and digital signage solution providers in the country. In the last five years, Alpha Video's Sports & Entertainment division has become the premier integrator of HD control rooms and IPTV solutions for sports venues. Alpha Video proudly works with Professional Sports Teams, Educational Institutions, Casinos, Government Offices, and Broadcast Communication companies.
Alpha Video is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core values:
• Fierce Integrity
• Relentless Client Focus
• Courageous Accountability
• Steadfast Collaboration
• Proven Innovation
The Lead Install Technician is the primary field contact and coordinator for corporate, educational, gaming, sports, and broadcast projects under the direction of the Project Manager. In addition to performing installation duties, he or she shall be the point person in the field for crew delegation, client communication, installation standards, configuration and training.
As a Lead Install Technician, a typical day might include the following
• Manage small to medium sized projects consisting of 1-3 technicians or support Lead Install Technician 2 or 3 on large scale projects.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of construction process and ability to interface with different trades.
• Read, interpret, and utilize schematic and building drawings (CAD, Bluebeam, etc) to facilitate project task completion.
• Communicate verbally and written in a professional, effective, and positive manner.
• Delegate tasks effectively and efficiently to other technicians
• Accountable for documenting daily project status and delivering/communicating status reports on a daily basis or other frequency as agreed upon by the project team.
• Accountable for pulling, terminating, labeling, and testing audio, video, data, and control cabling and wiring per code, project specifications, and Alpha standards.
• Accountable for installation of equipment and wiring in racks, consoles, tables, in/on walls, in/on ceilings, and other fixtures per code, project specifications, and Alpha standards.
• Correctly configure and set up equipment per specifications and/or drawings including but not limited to Biamp, Crestron, Extron, Evertz, GrassValley, Harris, Kramer, Ross, RDL, Tightrope, and network switches
• Compile system check out testing paperwork and perform system tests to verify proper functionality.
• Coordination of onsite deliveries and storage of items onsite.
• Perform training on system operation to employees and clients as needed.
• Problem solve in order to keep project on time and within budget.
• Accountable for ensuring that returns process is followed for any project items being returned.
• Test and trouble shoot completed systems using A/V test equipment and meters to verify functionality.
• Understand and be able to connect to I.P. devices
• Project site kept in an organized and clean manner at all times.
• Provide feedback to facilitate improvements to installation process.
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
• Problem Solving – Show an understanding that troubleshooting and problem solving is part of the position. Be involved with problem solving and identifying risks per the Lead’s instruction. Communicate any potential safety risks or issues.
• Verbal Communication – Communicate with Lead and management on a consistent basis; listen and obtain clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings as requested.
• Adaptability – Understand change is part of the A/V culture. Able to work with Leads when dealing with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability – Show up to work on time. Follows instructions, responds to Lead and management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with questions or areas of concern.
• Planning/Organizing – Keep tools and project items organized as instructed by Lead. Use good judgment when storing items or inquires when questions.
To qualify for this position, you will need to have the following
• Up to 70% travel, sometimes on a last-minute basis.
• Occasional evening, overnight, and weekend work.
• Maintain a professional appearance.
• Good interpersonal and time management skills.
• Obtain and/or maintain CTS, PLT, and OSHA certifications.
• Obtain/maintain Unlicensed Registration for low voltage work within the state of MN
• Follow all company’s procedures and protocols.
• Operate vehicle in a safe manner.
• Must be able to climb ladders up to 24’ tall and lift up to 75 lbs.
• Must be able to work in cramped spaces and on uneven surfaces.
• Ongoing training/certification in industry related subjects.
At Alpha Video we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.