The Install Technician works with the Lead Install Technician to complete all phases of installation projects. They will have a working knowledge of basic A/V and Broadcast equipment, cable pulling, cable termination, and racking of equipment. The Install Technician is expected to perform most tasks with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Pulling, installation, termination and labeling of audio, network, and video cabling per code and project requirements with minimal errors and/or rework.
• Ability to terminate (solder, crimp, etc) various types of audio, network, and video connections with minimal errors and/or rework.
• Installation of equipment in racks, consoles, tables, in/on walls, in/on ceilings, and other fixtures per project specifications with minimal errors and/or rework.
• Wiring of equipment in racks, consoles, tables, in/on walls, in/on ceilings, and other fixtures per project specifications with minimal errors and/or rework.
• Ability to read and interpret schematic and building drawings (CAD, Bluebeam, etc).
• Project tasks and site are kept in an organized and clean manner at all times.
• Provide feedback to facilitate improvements to installation process.
• Complete all tasks within budgeted time and all tasks are performed to meet or exceed Alpha Video & Audio quality standards.
• Up to 70% travel, sometimes on a last-minute basis.
• Occasional evening, overnight, and weekend work.
• Maintain a professional appearance.
• Must be able to climb ladders up to 25’ tall and lift up to 75lbs.
• Proper and safe use of lifts, ladders, hand tools, power tools, and diagnostic tools.
• Must be able to work in cramped spaces and on uneven surfaces.
• Ongoing training/certification in industry related subjects.
• Obtain and/or maintain CTS certification (completed within 1st year of hire).
• Obtain/maintain Unlicensed Registration for low voltage work within the state of MN immediately upon hire.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two year technical degree in low voltage electronics and/or networking or 2-3 years related work experience preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• High level of organization
• High level of job site familiarity i.e. construction and corporate atmosphere.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in a team
• Technical background
• Must have excellent computer skills
• Ability to solve unusual or unexpected problems.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Valid driver’s license required.
• OSHA 10 preferred
• CTS or CTS-I preferred
• PLT preferred
• Lift, push, or carry up to 75 lbs
• Sit, stand, bend, crouch, and kneel
• Walk on uneven surfaces
• Climb ladders up to 24’ tall
• Vision acuity requirements include close vision, depth perception, and color recognition.